Thursday, October 3, 2019

WHERE DID SUMMER GO?

This has been the shortest summer on record, for us.  I think it was just because we have been extra busy this year.  Our 4 1/2 yr old grandson spent 3 weeks with us, and his whole family visited for another week.  We also made many trips to visit the family, as we wanted to spend as much time with our granddaughter as we could.  She just celebrated her 1st birthday last week, and is settling well into daycare.  Her big brother started Jr. Kindergarten in September, and is enjoying his new adventure.  DH and his friend entertained 31 times during the summer, bringing music, jokes and memories to many seniors in nursing homes, rehab facilities, and seniors' residences in our area too!

I spent some time working on a basket quilt, similar to the one that Bonnie Hunter was working on.....

I began while south last spring, using available scraps, and I decided to continue when we returned home.  My light fabric is leftover muslin that has been hidden in my stash of scraps and I needed it to leave the premises!
 
I cheated, and used striped fabric for sashing and borders!

Please excuse the picture - we had to take it indoors, as it was raining, and in our small townhouse that was a real challenge.   I had to open the patio door and stand on the step to get as much as possible in the picture.  

The good news was that this quilt used 14 yards of fabric, for the top, backing and binding!  Now I have to find it a good home!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and glad to see you back....wow, great that you used so much yardage and must be happy with that... Love it! Great job and love baskets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.