Tuesday, November 5, 2019

GETTING ORGANIZED

We arrived in our southern home on Friday.  First stop was to buy a new refrigerator, as ours had died of old age over the summer.

I took the time, while waiting for delivery, to empty all the kitchen cupboards, wash them, and re-organize them.  I also pulled a few items that will never be used, to donate to a local garage sale.

After the refrigerator arrived, we headed out for our first shopping extravaganza.  I refuse to buy more than a cart-full, so we will have to return sometime soon, for all the items that were forgotten.

Our son and daughter-in-law sent a couple of pictures of the kids dressed for Hallowe'en.  Young Miss stayed home with a fever.  Our robot (costume by Dad), had to wear his winter coat under everything, but the paint that was used kept him pretty dry on a stormy night.

The fuel compartment collected all his goodies!

Today, DH and I cleaned the windows in the sunroom, AKA my sewing room.  I have slowly started to get items back into place.  I always struggle with the humidity when we arrive, so I work a little, relax a little, until everything is unpacked.  I'm anxious to get sewing, but know that I'm not 50 any more, and need to take my time.  I also ordered the knitting needles that I need to begin a large shawl project for our cousin, using their alpaca yarn - each natural colour is named after the animal who donated the fleece!

Back to work with the next load!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.