Thursday, November 21, 2019

STASH REPORT, A SMALL FINISH AND GROUP FUN

Used this week  3.75 yards
Used year to date  98.25 yards
Added this week  14.25 yards
Added year to date  82.75 yards
Net used 2019  15.5 yards

I gave in to a fabric sale at Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City, and then placed an order at Connecting Threads that included 2 sets of fat quarters for 50% - I couldn't resist.  I chose ones that had colours that I was collecting for some planned winter projects.

My first finish is a small baby quilt.  The blocks were leftover from printed fabric that I used many years ago.  I set some of the small blocks on point, and added triangles, and the others have a small border.  I made piped binding to add a small green accent.

 


I have also been working on my 52 blocks in 52 weeks, but I'm already behind on the last two made available.  These are blocks 26 to 43.  The end is in sight, and then I'll have to play with a layout using 52 blocks!


My quilt group is back in full swing.  We had a dozen quilters on the first week, and a few more yesterday.  Everyone is working on their own projects, and we had fun checking out all the lovely fabrics, helping each other with layouts, suggestions for borders, and understanding written instructions.

DH and his group, Three for a Quarter, are off to entertain at a local nursing home this afternoon.  They volunteer their time, bring lively music, singing and a few silly jokes to brighten the day of the residents.

Yesterday, a member of our southern community came by to drop off some lovely quilting fabrics to share.  She is not doing as much sewing as she had in the past, and thought we could use the fabric to make pillowcases for the charity "Cases for Smiles" or other charity projects.  I plan to spend a few minutes sorting through the 5 bags of fabric, and organizing the smaller scrap pieces by colour.  I'll take them to the group next week to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.