Monday, September 5, 2016

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I began my morning hunting through my recipes, deciding what I was going to bake for both our pleasure, and to take along to my guild meeting on Wednesday evening.  I'm in charge of this month's "social committee", and we are responsible for snacks for everyone, and generally helping where needed before, during and after the meeting.  Every member is assigned a month to do this, and it helps to get more involved in the goings on at our monthly meetings.

I spent the rest of the morning cutting squares - 140 white ones and 160 red ones.  Now I have to start up my assembly line to make half square triangles to complete my redwork quilt project.
It is difficult to photograph a quilt on my new design wall, especially when the fabric is white on the white flannel, the lighting in the area is fluorescent, and the design wall is in a narrow hallway!

I pressed all the units yesterday, and trimmed them to size. (The bottom border didn't make it into the picture!) The missing star points will be made of half square triangle units, as well as the inside and outside borders.  I can see lots of stitching and trimming in my future!

I usually make a redwork project each year, but all the others have been made for children.  I hadn't made one for the past couple of years, and this one struck a chord!  DH is always surprised at how much time I spend doing the hand embroidery, but I love to keep busy while watching TV with him in the evenings - a win-win!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.



2 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with red and white! That does sound like a difficult location to take pictures. I don't have a design wall at all and the design floor is pretty ugly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that's gorgeous, Susan! I can't wait to see it with the HSTs in place. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.