Monday, September 19, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week 0 yards
Used year to date  173.875 yards
Added this week 0 yards
Added year to date  33.75 yards
Net used 2016   140.125 yards
No changes to my numbers this week! I spent time trimming the final 120 half-square triangle blocks, and stitched the final border of my redwork quilt top!  
Tuesday I spent all day with my community quilts group.  I baked some muffins before heading out, and we ate them with coffee as we stitched the labels on all the quilts completed since our last get-together.  Then we headed down to the workroom, and our fearless leader assigned some jobs.  My partner for the day and I were asked to add 3 borders onto a quilt top that had been rescued from a church sale - it was almost thrown out.  I also helped another person pin the borders onto her quilt top.  Lots of ironing of quilt backings, and quite a few quilts pin-basted, including the one I had worked on.  As members left, they chose a quilt to finish, and I brought home the large one that I had worked on.  My partner ended the day by making the binding, and several people helped with the basting.
Thursday, I decided to design the leaf quilt that I was making with my test blocks.  I used EQ7, with a custom set to place the blocks and figure out all the setting pieces.
I added pictures of the four blocks, but I just used contrasting fabric for the rest of the small wallhanging.
Below is my completed top.  I'll be using the dark framing fabric to make the binding.  (The dark around the edges is the carpet in my sewing room!)  The light fabric has silver sparkles, and looks much better in person.  I found both fabrics in my newly organized stash, so they'll be counted as soon as I get this little project completed.

Friday it is off the Kitchener to spend time with our grandson and his family.  We try to arrive mid-afternoon, and I make dinner for the worker bees so they can relax after a busy work week.  DH has a list of things he wants to help with around their home, so we'll have a busy fun weekend.

Check out all the progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.