Sunday, November 1, 2015

STASH REPORT SUNDAY - WEEK 44

 Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  135 yards
Fabric added this week  27.5 yards
Fabric added year to date  91.25 yards
Net used 2015  43.75 yards

Our first day on the road was rainy and windy - with gusts strong enough to help us change lanes!  We made a stop at Sauder's Fabrics, only to find that the shop is closing soon, so the stock was lower than normal, and everything was 20% off!   They are moving the fabric to Zook's Fabric in Intercourse PA, but I think they will continue to use the website.

I had been asked to watch for baby quilt  panels for my community quilts group, and I found lots of the 36 inch wide panels, with the average price at $3.47!  I'm sure the convener will be please!  BTW, I'm not counting these, as they don't really belong to me!

The rest of the trip was great, with only a few traffic bottlenecks.  We also stopped at Mary Jo's Fabrics in Gastonia, NC.  I shopped for a variety of fabrics, mostly for the new quilt for DS2 and his wife, for their new king-size bed.  I also picked up some coordinating fabrics to help use a piece of fabric that has been in my stash for too long.  I found a cute panel for a growth chart, something the DS2 asked for for our grandson.

I took my sewing machine in on Saturday for its annual spa treatment, and DH dropped off a couple of speakers that have an intermittent problem, but are still under warranty.  

We did a huge grocery shopping today, finding most of the basics to stock our kitchen. 

DH began cleaning my sewing room.  It has vinyl windows, and they need cleaning after the summer heat and rain.  He has been busy, and I only need to wash the floor before unloading all my stuff, and getting organized, ready to sew.  I've been cleaning inside, and as usual, we keep finding items that we need to continue our work, so they go on the list.  I dislike shopping, and it seems that we shop every day for the first week or so......

Check out Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see how others have progressed this week!

1 comment:

  1. Sauders is closing? Glad to know it as I get up there every once and a while and to drive over to them and find them closed would not make me happy. Isn't Mary Jo's fun? I haven't been in a long time but I think I may need to make a trip one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.