Friday, November 20, 2015

ON THE NEEDLES

My daughter-in-law asked if I had a pattern for a "hood" for our grandson.  With the weather getting colder, she is having trouble keeping a hat on his head and keeping his ears warm.  
I hunted for a pattern, and made one with leftover baby yarn.


Please excuse the blurry picture - took it late at night before putting it in a padded envelope and mailing it north.  I've always called this a balaclava.  If it fits, I'll make another one in slightly heavier yarn for more warmth in the colder weather that I know will be coming.

Our grandson starts daycare on December 1, and our daughter-in-law returns to work in January.  She thought it would be easier on both of them to get him used to daycare before it is necessary, and she needs some time to get her wardrobe in order, and finish some final sorting around the house, to make the transition easier for the all!

Check out the link up at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.