Monday, November 9, 2015

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I've been working in short spurts - my sewing room only has a ceiling fan, and with the extra hot and humid weather we've been having, I have to stop and re-hydrate regularly.

I've been working on a simple quilt that I saw somewhere on the internet.  It uses a focal fabric, and 3 co-ordinates.  I'm planning on donating this one to the charity that supports some orphanages in the Chernobyl area.  They request that no really light or white fabrics be used, as they have little ability to launder the quilts there.


The heart fabric has been in my stash for so long, I can't even remember buying it!  This is a great, easy block, and can be made any size.  Mine finish at 12 inches.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the top completed, and go look for some backing fabric.  I might be able to find some on sale, or in the clearance areas.  Darn, now I have  to go fabric shopping!

Check out all the creativity shared at Patchwork Times, Love Laugh Quilt,  and Quilting is More Fun than Housework

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! this quilt is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun blocks! Great design for a donation quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and very fun. A perfect quilt for a little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.