Friday, November 7, 2014

ON THE NEEDLES

Actually, I just cast the stitches off the needles!  This is my favourite baby sweater pattern, from an old Beehive knitting book.
I haven't stitched the sleeve seams yet, and I need to crochet across the bottom up the front, around the neck and down to the start - I left the yarn attached.  It takes 3 small buttons, so I picked up 3 cute blue elephants to finish it.  I've made this pattern many times, in a variety of colours, but this one is special as it is for our first grandchild, due in January!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Love that sweater pattern too! I just recently found a newer pattern for it, knit in Softee Baby - same beautiful sweater, just fewer stitches! I'm also working on a baby sweater for our first grandchild, due in January!, but I have a lot more knitting to do - but I have a few weeks yet, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pattern! Nicely done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby sweater is so sweet and pretty. Someone will be warm this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.