Started quilting the rubber ducky quilt, destined to be a 6 month birthday gift for our grandson, who is due late in January.
I had purchased the 2 panels and some of the border fabric last winter "just in case".
Of course, you can't just have one project on the go. I cut out some small dresden fan pieces, using leftover 30's fabric from one of last year's projects. I had a vest panel that was 30's style, but didn't use the appliques that were also included. I've been sitting turning the edges with a glue stick while I watch TV in the evenings. I'm not sure if this will be a wall hanging or a table runner.
I also printed out the paper piecing pattern for a small star block. It uses gradated fabrics, and I had some of those leftover as well. I'll be making it in shades of green and gold. There will be 5 blocks when it is completed, so I need 5 identical units. I made a chart for each set, so I don't mess up the colour placement. I also measured and will pre-cut all the sections. That certainly speeds up the work.
I am planning to join in with Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt that begins on November 28th. I've made one or two before, but always waited until I returned to my main stash before starting. This time, the colours were announced early enough to pull fabric from my stash and bring it along.
Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see what others are creating this week.