Saturday, November 29, 2014


I finished "Ten Rubber Duckies" on Thursday.  I followed the pattern from the manufacturer of the fabric panels, using 2 of them, along with the border print.
I added the red, gold, green, blue ocean waves, yellow sun, light blue anchor print, and the dark blue fabric from my stash.
I had to use three different flannel prints for the backing, as the two outside pieces were added to the stash quite a few years ago, and weren't long enough. 
Most of the quilting was "stitch in the ditch", and the final border and the "anchor" border were stippled with monofilament (invisible) thread.  I also outlined all the main characters in each of the blocks.
I stitched some ocean waves in the dark blue border that goes around the whole quilt.  I used a variegated polyester thread with several different shades of blue.
The green border was stitched with a green "twist" thread.

  I had to add my favourite feather hooks in the smaller dark blue frame around the first of the blocks that tells the tale of the ducks who go overboard.

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.