Monday, January 27, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

This is block 8, called "Keep It Down!"  I am working on the final block to complete "A Long Time Ago in Bethlehem".  I didn't stitch them in order - I cut the largest pieces of fabric first, to make sure I didn't have a seam anywhere, then cut the rest, making the best use of my background fabric.  My quilt group is going on an "outing" to a shop about 2 hours away on Wednesday, so I hope to find fabric for the sashing between the blocks, so I can assemble the centre of the wall hanging.  I think that the rest will wait until we return north in April, as I'm sure I have lots of fabric in my stash to complete the quilt.  I'm trying to use up my huge stash of Christmas fabrics....
Check out Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see all the creativity this week.....

2 comments:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.