Sunday, November 25, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week  31.625 yards
Used year to date  242.125 yards
Added this week  0 yards
Added year to date  155.625 yards
Net used 2012  86.5 yards

I managed to quilt 3 baby quilt panels this week! Two are the same since I really liked the "Baby Moon" panel.  One will be going to a local charity in Florida, and the rest are destined for my guild's community quilts program, unless I need an emergency baby gift before we return north.

I also finished quilting "Grandmother's Cross".  The block design is one that Bonnie Hunter showed in Quiltmaker magazine.  I made the blocks from my stack of "leaders and enders", then added various "light" fabric triangles from my stash.  I decided to set the blocks on point, then just add a scrappy binding, made from the leftover ends of binding from various quilt projects.

I  finished Patches and Pinwheels!  (Picture on Monday I hope).  It was also designed to use my "leaders and enders".  I tried to keep a garden theme in all the various fabrics in both the pinwheels and the border fabrics. I finally used an odd floral stripe fabric from my stash - I think it has been waiting at least 15 years.  I had fun mitering the corners of the final border as the motif in the stripe was not regular, but I matched the design as well as I could.  I'm sure I'm the only one who will notice.....

With all these quilts, I used Elmer's School Glue to tack down the bindings before the final stitching.  Since I hand stitch at night while TV watching, DH was happy that he didn't have to avoid pins when I moved the quilt, or when he decided to snuggle closer!  I used a hot dry iron to help the glue dry quickly.  It took a bit longer than pinning, but was very easy to stitch.

Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog - Patchwork Times  

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I never thought of that. Regular Elmers glue, huh?

    glen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.