Thursday, November 8, 2012

QUILTING AWAY



I'm beginning to feel at home again.  DH helped me pin baste my version of "Sing a Happy Song" - pattern from Judy at Patchwork Times.  I did all the "stitch in the ditch" quilting, to stabilize the layers, and found some threads that will work with the fabric.

Yesterday I quilted the narrow peach border, and hunted through some books for ideas on the rest of the quilting.  Today, in between interruptions, I managed to quilt the first border, and came up with a design to quilt at the intersections of the blocks and sashing.
 Today we're having company - our BIL and his friend are coming over from New Port Richey to play golf with DH.  They are staying for dinner, so I have to make some preparations.  I'm also baking bread today - first batch since we arrived.  I made some pumpkin raisin squares last night, and they need some frosting to finish them - one to eat and one for the freezer.  I may even make some chocolate chip cookies - but my quilt is calling.......

3 comments:

  1. Looking terrific! I'm about to get back into some FMQ. Been many months, though, so I think I should do up a charity wheelchair top first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful. Do you do this with a regular sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my machine quilting on a Juki. It has a bigger throat area, and my husband modified my table so that my machine sits level with the table surface - a huge help.

      Delete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.