I finished this table runner since arriving here. The floral stripe fabric was leftover from the border for "The Orient Visits Baltimore" completed in 2011, and was pinned to my design wall up north. While doing my final tidy up, I decided to use it to make the runner, rather than hide it away. The remaining small pieces were cut into squares and strips to be used in scrappy projects. I used a mylar type of metallic thread to do the "walking foot lines" and the free motion stitching around the flowers. Then I did some curvy lines in the background around them.
I have my "Sing a Happy Song" quilt top and back pressed, just waiting to pin baste. I didn't find the binding when I unpacked, so either I made it and left it north, I forgot to pack the fabric to make it, or I have to find something that will work with the quilt top....
I also pulled out 3 baby quilt panels and flannel backings that I didn't get finished last winter. There was fabric for binding, so I cut the strips, stitched them together and pressed them ready for use. I also pressed the top of the Grandmother's Cross but I have to look for some backing for this one. I did sew a scrappy binding together.
My next project is to make an appointment to have my Pfaff serviced. I plan to get all the prepared projects quilted with the Juki while it is away. I get a more accurate 1/4 inch with the Pfaff, so I use it for piecing, and adding some embellishment stitches to my projects. The Juki is my workhorse for machine quilting, and I use it for most straight stitch sewing other than quilting.
Check out what everyone is working on this week at Patchwork Times!