Sunday, August 7, 2011

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week 0 yards
Used year to date 142.375 yards
Added this week 0 yards
Added year to date 52.375 yards
Net used 2011  90 yards

Still recuperating from whatever ailment hit me last week.  I did spend some time in my sewing room this morning, completing some Christmas stockings that I found partially done - they'll probably be donated to my guild's boutique for the quilt show next June.

DH and I spent an hour or so in the garden right after breakfast.  I usually do a bit every day, but after a week of neglect, it couldn't wait any longer.  Of course it was overcast and humid to the point of almost raining.  We managed to dead head all the flowers, and do some basic clean up, but the rest will have to wait for another day.
I began making a huge pot of Chicken Gumbo yesterday morning.  I have to get it back on the stove, make the roux, and get it finished in time for dinner tonight.

Had fun with my friend yesterday afternoon.  We managed to get two table runner tops completed, and they are just waiting to be basted.  Binding was also prepared for each as well.  She finished the binding on the previous runner, and we trimmed the batting and backing in preparation for the hand sewing.  DH and her better half finished installing the hardwood, and we had a lovely steak dinner, with corn on the cob, mushrooms and onions, and fresh cucumber from her garden.  After returning home, we managed to watch TV for about an hour, then DH and I crashed for the night.
No matter how anxious I am to get things done, I've learned to listen to my body, and when it tells me to sit down, or drink some water, I pay attention.
Check out Judy's blog to follow everyone's progress this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.