Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fun Day

Nineteen quilters had fun at lunch yesterday.  It's great to get together without the work/fun of quilting getting in the way.  I received a lovely card, signed by all the quilters, with a little "treat" inside.
After lunch we split up and headed for some retail therapy.  The group that I was with wanted to check out a couple of "not so local" quilt shops.
There was much laughing, and matching of fabric etc. going on.  The first shop had a 25% storewide sale, and I found these....
 I had seen a quilt made using these templates, on my friend, Sandy's blog, here, and had to give it a try.  I also wanted to have my group try some curved piecing next year, and thought that the larger size would be great for those new to curved piecing.
The smaller size can be cut from charm squares, so that is an added bonus.  I had planned to order these from the designer's site, but when I found them on sale, I couldn't resist.
Off to get my work started!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I hope you enjoy making yours as much as I did mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.