Wednesday, March 23, 2011


Raggedy & Friends is finished!  Thanks Kaaren at The Painted Quilt. 
I wasn't sure how to quilt it, so I used Kaaren's quilt as inspiration.  I don't usually do regular feathers, but managed to stitch some in this project.  I reverted to my "Hooked on Feathers" type for the border.

 I stippled around the stitching in the redwork blocks with shiny white rayon thread.  The stitch in the ditch was done with monofilament (invisible) thread, and the stitching in the black sashing was done with the smoke colour monofilament.  The rest was stitched with a medium beige coloured thread, showing nice dimension in some of the areas, and showing up wonderfully on the darker fabrics.  I stitched area by area, and was surprised how quickly I finished.  I used a chalk pencil to draw in some guidelines, but just stitched freely, using my Juki set into a table and moving the quilt.
Now I'll be able to add the fabric used in this quilt to my stash report on Sunday!


  1. I downloaded this quilt patterd 2 days ago and I,m so looking forward to starting it
    Yours looks great , Karen will be delighted--cottonreel

  2. That turned out great, Susan! Hmm … maybe I should actually *make* this one instead of just collecting the patterns. ;)

  3. Thanks for sharing your finish with me, Susan. Yours is the first that I've actually seen 'finished'...quilted and bound, i.e.

    What a wonderful job you did. You've made my day!

  4. Turned out wonderful. I am starting mine this week.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.