Friday, February 4, 2011

Pin Basting and Pinapple Borders

 Here's the border on the pineapple blossom quilt.  I used all but two of the pinwheel blocks that were made from the block corners.
The border fabric was in my stash, and I used almost all of it - I think there is a 2-3 inch strip left!
Pin basting is such a tedious, but necessary task, when you machine quilt your own quilts without a frame.  Fortunately, DH helps.  That way I don't end up with a sore back for days.  
BTW, DH stands for "dear husband", and mine is a treasure!  
When we are in Florida for the winter, we head to the clubhouse in our community and use the large banquet tables.  I use large binder clips to hold the backing fabric taut, then layer the batting and top.  This morning's project was a queen size - the pineapple blossom scrap quilt.  Now I have to get busy quilting.  DH is off to the golf course this afternoon, so all I have to do is plan something for dinner for his return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.