Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Finished Disappearing Four Patch Quilt
I used invisible thread to stitch in the ditch in most of the seams. Then I decided to play with a couple of quilting designs.
I stitched flowers in the blue squares, and leaves in the pink ones. Then did some swirls in the blue border and more leaves and vines in the pink border.
I think the dark blue border and binding complement the finished quilt.
I made a scrappy backing of leftover flannel from some of the other lap or kids quilts that I have made.
(I'm trying to clear some space on my shelves so I can buy more fabric!)
This one is off to my community quilts program with the Limestone Quilters Guild in Kingston.