I saw this demo'd and thought it could make a good, quick project for my Florida group next winter. I like to try things out first. I am also trying to tidy my sewing room, and found some light blue flowered fabric left over from a Project Linus workshop many years ago.
I began by cutting 6 1/2 inch squares of both fabrics and stitching them into large 4-patch blocks.
I decided that I wanted the centre "sashing" to end up at 2 inches finished, so I made each cut 1 1/4 inch from the centre seam , cutting on both sides and in both directions.
Leaving the four corners and the centre four patch in place, the remaining rectangles were turned around.
I then stitched the block together as you would any nine patch block.
I decided to square the blocks up to 11 inches after sewing.
I think that this would also made a good scrap quilt, and it could be made in a variety of sizes. It looks best if made with two pairs of matching fabric squares.