Since I still had more 4patch blocks to use, I decided to make one of the borders for this scrappy quilt a pieced border. I had 4 star blocks remaining, so they could be in the corners, and I decided to use the modified economy block alternating with this simple one. I had fun pulling more black prints. I found that most of those in my stash were floral, and most of those were pink! I managed to get all the blocks stitched, and all the plain borders and the binding cut and waiting. The top is about half sewn together, waiting for another row and pressing.
My trunk show this week was lots of fun. I showed my first (and almost my last) quilt, then talked about different types of quilts I had made over the years, with examples of miniatures, stack n whack, redwork, scrappy, appliqued, embroidered etc. quilts. There was a fun question/answer period, then during the break, everyone was able to get up close and personal with the quilts. Many more were asking me questions, and I left a list of favourite websites with our newsletter editor, to be shared with the members in the next newsletter. I also offered my email address to some so that I could answer further questions, or look up more detail of a quilt pattern etc. I had a fun night, and at the end, donated 4 of my quilts to the community quilt program. My two bins were much easier to pack for the trip home!