Sunday, January 19, 2020

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week 0 yards
Fabric used year to date  5.125 yards
Fabric added this week 1.5 yards
Fabric added year to date  4.625 yards
Net used 2020  .5 yards!

I've been busy sewing this past week, working on the first of 2 Hallowe'en quilts for my grandchildren.  I don't count fabric used until it is donated, or I have a completed project !


The center of the quilt came from a panel for a Hallowe'en tote bag, so I used one side for this quilt, and I'm saving the other for the second one.  The checkerboard strips on the side are made from the handles provided on the panel, and then I added the cute kids out trick or treating on the top and bottom.

 The next border will be made of pumpkin blocks.  The design came from Bonnie Hunter's book, "String Frenzy".  I found some gradated fabric when I was shopping, and just bought enough to the stems.
I picked up two more Hallowe'en prints with a purple background to use in the next border that I have planned, but I'm putting this project on hold, as I am teaching a class in thread painting, and I have to get my sample piece started...... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.