Monday, January 6, 2020

FINALLY - TOOK A PHOTO OF MY DECEMBER FINISH

This is my finished version of Jewel Box Stars.  I decided that I had made enough blocks, as I have other quilts waiting their turn, especially 2 for my grandchildren.  When I counted the completed blocks, I was short by 2, so I got out my phone book paper, and made the final two.
Since they were different from the rest, I decided to put a long strip of the border fabric in between.  

I had fun making this quilt, digging through my scraps and small chunks of fabric leftover from various projects.  It is a bright and cheery quilt, and I hope it will bring a smile to its new owner.  I'll donate it through my guild's Community Quilts project.

I was going to put my Christmas fabric back on the shelf, but then I remembered a project I worked on a couple of years ago, so before I knew it, I had 2 more table toppers, and 2 candle mats waiting to be quilted.  The fabric that I used for the backing was in my stash since the early 1990's, so it needed to go.  I have a few scraps remaining, but these will be cut into 2 inch squares for some holiday 4 or 9 patches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.