Friday, January 10, 2020

MORE SMALL FINISHES

I wanted to use more of the Christmas fabric, so I pulled out an old pattern, and completed 4 more items for the guild Boutique at our next show.

This was a fun project because you make 2 different blocks from each set of fabric.  Double the fun!

The first pair are candle mats.  These were made from 2 different 2 inch strips of fabric, stitched together, then a third fabric 3 1/2 inches .  When cut apart, they form 6 of each set of 60 degree triangles. 


These finish 10 x 11.5 inches.













Then I used the same method, but started with wider strips and made 2 table toppers, featuring more of my gingerbread fabric.



These  two finished 
16.5 x 19.5  inches.














I finally took some time to clear up all the scraps on my cutting table.  I started to make 4 patches with leftover Christmas fabric, and began playing with a layout, but I talked myself into setting them aside to work on a quilt for my grandchildren.

Yesterday, DH and I headed to Plant City FL. to visit Inspire, a lovely quilt shop, of course.  I had a gift card, so I picked up a few pieces of fabric to add to the grandchildren's quilts project.  I also found a great panel, that I will make into a wall hanging for our granddaughter's room.  It is bright and cheery and features an octopus and his friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.