Sunday, October 30, 2016

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  191.5 yards
Fabric added this week  10.5 yards
Fabric added year to date  44.25 yards
Net used 2016  147.25 yards

I did a little shopping on the trip south.  First stop was at Zook's Fabrics in Intercourse PA.  They had a large number of bolts marked 30% off, and I also got a discount after showing my guild card!  I chose fabrics to complete my "Autumn Leaves" quilt, that will use the remaining leaf print blocks.  I also picked up a cute baby quilt panel.  It is becoming difficult to find panels that are 36 inches x the width of fabric - most are barely 24 inches!

Next stop was in Richmond VA where we visited Quilting Adventures.  What a lovely shop, but as I'm trying not to buy fabric without a plan, I only picked up a yard of clearance fabric and two fat quarters - all neutrals to help with my plan of using lots of scrap strips and squares this winter!

Today I unpacked the 4 large totes, removing anything that wasn't quilting/sewing related.  That will have to wait until we do a "fall cleaning" of my sewing sunroom.  Everything that was unpacked is put away, and we made a grocery run this afternoon too.  DH spent time doing his usual outdoor chores too. He took a bit of time to visit with the neighbours - we always get a lovely welcome from everyone, and of course a chat to catch up on everyones' summer.  Of course, not everything goes smoothly, and we've been having internet problems since it was turned on yesterday.  Everything has been attempted at the "office end", and we have an appointment on Monday to have a new wireless router installed.  Until then, my portable notebook has to be hooked up with a cable to get on-again off-again connections.  We might have to cancel our Skype call with our grandson and family tomorrow.....

Check out the progress shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about Zook's. Certainly need to stop in if I am ever in the area. My niece lives in Richmond. I will make a trip to that quilt shop sometime when I visit her. Neutrals shouldn't count in our in/out stash reports. They are a must to use up all the other fabrics that make up our stash. Looks like you have found some good ones! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection of fabrics that you picked up. Aren't computers and the internet a big pain? It seems there is always something going wrong, no matter how new and current your equipment is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.