Monday, October 3, 2016


I finally dusted off my camera and took some pictures of the baby quilt that I finished last week.
It began as a panel, called "A Beautiful Day", designed by Jacqueline Steves.  I decided to make it a bit larger, so I added two borders.  The small lime green border was made from a fat quarter - the only matching green that I could find in my stash.  The final border and binding was made from fabric that I bought from Connecting Threads - the colour was perfect, and the swirls in the fabric echoed the swirls in the panel design triangle border.
 I outlined the centre panel, using monofilament (invisible) thread.  I decided to outline all the designs, and not add any extra quilting, as the design is cute and busy.  I stitched flowers and leaves with curlicues in the plain pink area, wiggles in the lime green and curls in the final orange/gold border.
This quilt will be donated to our local hospital by my community quilts group at my guild.
Now back to my machine quilting.  I have to take advantage of the time I have today, as we have company arriving again tomorrow!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.