Monday, May 30, 2016

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I'm still quilting my latest project, but I took some time off this afternoon.  After teaching a workshop on clothesline baskets, I came home and started wrapping some for myself.

I was inspired to try a new edging after watching a tutorial at Ami Simms website.  She made hers with cotton clothesline that was dyed, but I used the regular wrapped clothesline. 
The edging takes way more line that you might think, but it creates an interesting edge.



I also had a shorter piece of clothesline, so I kept wrapping.....

This used some leftover fabric from my grandson's quilt, along with the selvedge and some narrow strips of a multicoloured stripe that I used for the sashing in another project.  I decided to finish with some swirls on the outside this time.

Now back to quilting.

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Your baskets are wonderful. Wishing I were closer to you so I could take the workshop. The problem with being a hands-on learner is that you need a teacher. I am a combination learner which means I can do it w/o a teacher but learn faster with one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.