Tuesday, May 3, 2016


I've come down with a cold - as bad as the one I had in February!  I'm blaming all the variable weather we've been having since our return. 

While in Florida, a neighbour gave me some 2 1/2 in strips of oriental print fabrics.  I added a few of my own and made this quilt.
I decided that it should be wider and longer, so I pulled an oriental print that was leftover from a project a few years ago.  I found a stack of fabrics that had been lined up for a stack n whack block with just 4 repeats, so I cut them up and made interesting 4Patches.  I set them on point, using a neutral fabric, and then added green spacers to make them wide enough for a top and bottom border.  Then I added more side borders, and the leftover oriental print is leftover no more!  
Here is a closeup of one of the borders, showing the 4 patch stack n whack blocks and the quilting in the neutral areas.  The rest of the quilting was very simple.  This quilt will be donated to the community quilts program at my guild.

Now I have to get back to my guild's block of the month quilt.  I still have to invent a couple of appliques for the final block, and then start piecing and figuring out what kind and how many borders I'll add.  Lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Susan! I hope you feel better very soon!


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.