I was feeling a bit better this morning, so I decided to get back to work on my guild BOM project. I had made the blocks each month, but hadn't finished the last one, as I had to decide what I wanted to add to the basic blocks.
I finally decided to make some small Dresden plate pieces. I made an open circle on the left side, and then played with the pieces to make two looped shapes on the right.
Pardon the cut off picture. My sewing room is small and that is the best I could do. The top right block has the woven pattern that is a mirror image of the top left.
I machine appliqued the Dresden parts to the block using monofilament (invisible) thread. I challenged myself to make the whole quilt in shades of blue and white, and I've been enjoying the process. I still have a few more borders to add - they were not provided with the pattern. It will be interesting to see all the finished quilts. This time I'll remember to enter mine in the next quilt show.
Check out all the creativity shared on Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.