Wednesday, January 13, 2016

OFF TO MY QUILTING GROUP

Wednesday is my quilting group day.  We meet each week from 11-3, and bring a small snack.  Everyone is working on their own choice of project right now, although I do offer patterns from time to time.  Today we'll be discussing our upcoming pillowcase sewing day for the charity, Cases for Smiles.    We are planning a date in late February, and have some details to work out with the area coordinator.
I have fun, visiting each person, answering questions, teaching new quilters, etc.  I come home energized each week.

My own project - the king size quilt is coming along.  I have all the rows sewn together in one direction, having to pin where all the points must match.  I spent most of the afternoon pressing all the seams open - not my usual style, but it will help with bulk where all the points come together.  The rows in the other direction have to be pinned everywhere, and I discovered that I have enough of my favourite pins to pin 3 rows at a time.  There are 18 long seams in each direction, so I'm finally seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel".

I'm off to pack my snack and load the car......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.