I started machine quilting the king size quilt this morning. Working in the centre of the quilt is difficult, but the extra space under the arm of my machine certainly helps. This is my largest project to date!
Here is a picture of the quilt top. I placed it on our queen bed, just so I could see it more spread out. DH took the picture while perched on a ladder - the room is small and it is difficult to get a good picture.
I used more of the small focal squares in the 3rd border, spacing them by using some great "footprints in the sand" fabric, and the final border has a sand dollar motif.
I think this fills the request for an "oceany quilt" from my son and daughter-in-law......
Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.