Monday, March 30, 2015


I had a couple of "down days", but I'm feeling much better today, so I was able to get pictures of my latest project.  I used the remaining 4 pieces of the striped border from my Dragonfly Garden quilt to make blocks for this runner.  I lined up the prints and cut all 4 layers into 2 large squares, then cut them diagonally into 8 triangle stacks.
I took the picture in full sun so the the metallic thread would show.  Once again, I used Superior Metallic thread, and their size 14 topstitch needle to do most of the free motion quilting.  I also used some King Tut variegated thread thread to stitch the curvy lines in the sashing and yellow border.
I stitched dragonflies in each of the purple setting triangles, following the tutorial that I found on The Inbox Jaunt.

Check out all the creativity shared on Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting a picture. Your tablerunner is very pretty and will look nice on your Easter table.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.