Sunday, March 15, 2015


Fabric used this week  10.375 yards
Fabric used year to date  71.875 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  61.5 yards
Net used 10.375 yards

Only took 2 1/2 months, but I'm finally into the black!  Now to keep it there.....  I completed my Dragonfly Garden quilt this week, and also stitched 2 cloth books for our grandson - he'll be 2 months old this week!
I had fun on my quilt group outing, and amazingly, came home with no fabric!
 This is the centre block of the quilt.  Again, I had chosen a panel with 8 blocks, so had to add another.

I thought I had enough of the border stripe to make mitered corners, but the stripe was so wide, I ran short.

I add corner blocks instead, enlarging the corner of the centre block and matching the colours.  This gave me a bit more room for some interesting quilting.
I inserted strips of gradated fabric between the rows of blocks, and was able to use Superior King Tut variegated thread, colour 921 - Cleopatra, to add more colour.
The dragonflies were all outlined in Superior Metallic thread, colour #25, variegated gold.

Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see others' reports.


  1. Great solution, Susan! I love the result. :)

  2. I was looking through your past years of quilts. I like to see how people progress through patterns and difficulty and styles. Your Golden Wings Dragonfly is gorgeous!

    Love your style!



Thank you. Your comments are important to me.