Fabric used this week 14.75 yards
Fabric used year to date 83 yards
Fabric added this week 0 yards
Fabric added year to date 35.5 yards
Net used 2013 47.5 yards
As I reported earlier this week, I finished a quilt (finally) that I made totally from my stash! Pattern was in an older Quiltmaker magazine, and was called Daisy Pops. Mine, due to fabric choices, looks nothing like the original! You can find the post, with pictures of the quilt here!
My other sewing this week was finishing tote bags for "Every Child Counts", but the only thing I contributed was thread and sewing time!
I gave my daughter-in-law a sewing machine this weekend, so we spent most of this morning giving her a "tour", trying all the features etc. Her previous experience sewing was done on a hand crank machine. Her family came from Russia when she was a young teen, and these were common for home sewing. Her mother ordered a new one, made by Singer shortly after they arrived in Canada. It has a beautiful wood case, and lovely gold decals, but she finds it hard to coordinate the right and left hands.
She tried many of the stitches, made 3 different buttonholes and even sewed on a button, just to see how the different jobs were accomplished. The machine came with a walking and free motion quilting feet, and although she isn't a quilter, you never know.........
Since she wanted to try all the different feet, she tried both. She managed to stitch a petalled flower, a leaf with veins, and a bee on her first try at free motion! She reallly has to be a quilter!!!!
DH and I have enjoyed having her and our two sons for the weekend. My guys like to play lots of different board games - the more complex the rules, the better they like it! Its great to hear them laugh, and tease each other while they enjoy their time together.
Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see how other's have fared on their stash reports for this week.