Sunday, April 21, 2013


Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  68.25 yards
Fabric added this week  2.25 yards
Fabric added year to date  35.5 yards
Net used 2013  32.75 yards

I still haven't finished either of the pin-basted quilts that I brought north.  I'm working on one......but slowly.

I finished quilting my BFF's baby quilt.  She wanted simple quilting, mostly in the ditch, but I added a bow design in the final border, to mimic the bow fabric that is part of the quilt.   Most of the fabric in this quilt was donated by members of her church.

The fabric added was for my hexagon project.  I needed a large piece of a dark burgundy to form the border, and I knew that I wouldn't have any one piece that would fill the bill.  I also picked up two small prints, one in red and one in a rose colour to add to the project.  The original pattern called for 16 different coloured fabrics, along with 3 backgrounds, and one border.  I've finished assembling one row, and I'm working on the blocks for the next one.

Today I'm off to join a charity sewing group that meets once a month.  This is a new group to me,  and the local quilt shop offered their classroom, so more sewers could attend.  I'll report on the sewing and fun tomorrow! 

Check out the ups and downs of stash at Judy's blog here!

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.