Monday, April 22, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Yesterday I was assembling tote bags for ECC.  The coordinator of the group had quilted two decor fabrics together, and she wanted bags made with the yellow print on the outside.  There was extra blue print for binding, handles etc.  I managed to finish one, and cut out and began the assembly of 3 more.

I've also been adding the rest of the quilting on one of the quilts that came home partly finished.  More to come on that one....

This is the first row of my hexie quilt to be finished.  It still needs the burgundy border row added to each end, but I have to press the fabric after its time in the washer and dryer.
 Some of the fabrics that I'm using came from my 1 1/2 inch strip bin, so I have limited amounts.  These petal units needed 24 hexies the same, so I made some with the limited fabrics before heading on to smaller units.
The next row is made of these star units.  I need 8 for each of the 2 rows, so I'm gradually working my way through the already basted units.  All the units in the interior of the quilt use the same mauve print in the center, and although the background looks whitish, it is really a pale blue fairy frost fabric!  There are two more background fabrics used, with one only used on the outer edges of the borders.

Check out all the progress at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.   


 

4 comments:

  1. Very clever hexie arrangement! It's amazing how we can all come up with so many different designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a setting like you've done with your hexies. I ♥ hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just seen your Hexie quilt for the first time. It is beautiful!! Do you have a pattern or was it a BOM? I would love to start this quilt myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern was found in the March 2013 edition of Australian Homespun magazine. E editions of this magazine can be purchased on Zinio.com

      Delete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.