Sunday, December 2, 2012

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Used this week 0 yards
Used year to date  242.125 yards
Added this week  0 yards
Added year to date  155.625 yards
Net used 2012  86.5 yards
No changes this week.  I've been busy sewing and busy with my quilt group.  Next week we are expanding our hours together from 2 each Wednesday to 4 - from 11-3, with a quick break for a snack.
This year I suggested everyone work on one of Judy's patterns at Patchwork Times.  I thought that her pattern, called "Pick a Pinwheel" was a great learning quilt.  It has half-square triangles, flying geese, quarter square triangles, etc., was easy enough for some of the newer quilters, but interesting enough for those who have been quilting longer.  I sent everyone the link to her site to get her pattern.
Some members of the group didn't want to make bed-sized quilts, so I suggested that they could make smaller projects with fewer blocks, so some are working on table runners, and some on lap sized quilts.  With each step, I'm teaching them one or two different methods to make the basic units, and everyone was busy cutting out pieces for the flying geese last week.
My quilt will be done in two shades of brown, orangey rust, and gold, with a neutral with light tan leaves.

Check out everyone's stash report at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Bless you, Susan. It is good that you are passing on the quilting traditions by encouraging quilting with new techniques. Wonderful numbers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your numbers are great. I applaud your skill in teaching quilting to others so they may enjoy this lifelong passion we all have. Looking forward to seeing your quilt colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.