Friday, July 20, 2012

MORE BEADING

While browsing through some old craft magazines, I found a pattern for a beaded talisman necklace.


The beads are woven together in groups of three, then joined into a circle.  Then the next row is stitched to the first.  The flap continued on after the first 8 rows were complete, and has an opening for the loop, which is stitched to the front.


I needed a large bead or stone to use as a closure, but after checking through my "stuff" and even looking in a shop, I decided to play with some polymer clay to make the shape I wanted.  I attached the stone to the top of the pouch with a beaded string.

The clay that I used was a light blue and a white pearl colour.


I needed to make a string of beads so that the talisman pouch becomes wearable.  I made some flat beads with leftover polymer clay, and I found some silver bugle beads to help lengthen the strand.  As you can see, I still have some more beading to complete before attaching the strand to the other side of the pouch.  


I'm still a real novice at both beading and polymer clay, but the process is fun, and time consuming, which makes it appealing to me.  I'm not a fan of "quick and easy" projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.