I was so pleased to finish all the "stitch in the ditch" quilting on my "Half Log Blues" quilt. I even added the binding and got it sewn to the back by hand. (I always do this before finishing the quilting - seems backwards but it works for me!)
I finally began doing the "fun" quilting on the half log cabin blocks and had a terrible day!!!! I changed threads, needles, presser feet, I adjusted the tension, but nothing was working. I decided to take a break from quilting, as I was going to destroy the area I was working on by so many failed attempts, and my waste basket was full of thread.
I took a day off and made some black currant jam! DH and his friend were pruning some shrubs for an elderly neighbour, and she remembered how much my DS2 loved black currant jam. She offered some black currants if DH wanted to pick them! I managed to make one large and six small jars of lovely black currant jam, using the microwave method. Tastes wonderful!!!!!
Finally decided to get back to my quilting. I changed the presser foot one more time (I have 3 to choose from on my Juki), and like magic, everything was working!
Hopefully things will stitch smoothly today as well. DH is playing golf today, the garden is watered and my chores are done, so I plan to spend the day quilting. Wish me luck!