Friday, April 8, 2011

PACKING AND MORE PACKING

The first things ready to load into the van are my thread bins, my quilt tool bag, filled with all the items I don't duplicate, and the bins of scrap strips, sorted by size.  I have 4 Rubbermaid totes to pack, along with DH's golf clubs, 2 guitars etc., etc., etc!
The next item on the agenda is to sort clothes for packing.  We brought more than usual this year, as our trip to Houston in the fall kept us on the road longer.  We usually make the trip in 3-4 leisurely days, with stops along the way.

We are fortunate to have many great neighbours who take care of our place while we are away.  There is always someone keeping an eye on the comings and goings.  When we have friends or relatives staying at our place when we are not here, we always call the neighbours to warn them so they don't call the police! 


I'm getting anxious to see my family again, and to meet DS2's new girlfriend!  And after all the hard work of packing and cleaning, I'm looking forward to a few days in the car.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.