Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fruit Salad - Top Completed

After stitching the top together, I added a 1 inch finished border in the darker green colour, so the points would float away from the next border.  The purple border is only 1/2 inch wide, finished, then I completed the top with a 3 inch border of the fruit fabric.  I like to use the original fabric in the border to show what it looked like before it was stacked and whacked!

Unfortunately, I'll be putting this away for a while, as we are having company for the next few days.  DH's cousins always stay for a short visit whenever they are passing by.  They are heading north for Christmas with family, back to the land of snow.  I baked pumpernickel bread yesterday, to be used in sandwiches, and this morning I'm making Pasta Fagioli Soup with Spinach.  I soaked the beans overnight, and rinsed them this morning, then let them cook while we were having breakfast and reading the paper.  The soup is simple and has just a few ingredients; Italian sausage meat, tomatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, pasta, red wine, Parmesan and spinach.  I plan to serve it for dinner tomorrow, as they called and are bringing steaks for tonight. (They always empty their refrigerator and bring all the leftovers to us!)  I also made a batch of pastry yesterday, so plan to make some tiny mincemeat tarts for dessert.  DH baked some ginger cookies, and I still have some rolled oats shortbread left, so we should have enough goodies to eat.
My quilt group meets this afternoon,  so I have to get my "stuff" together.  I take my mat, extra cutters, rulers, as most only have the basics, an iron (when the group gets bigger, we have an extra couple of irons and ironing boards set up.), books, patterns, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.