Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Quilt Completed !

And before the end of the year too!   I haven't been able to take a picture of the whole quilt - my quilt holder is playing golf today.  I do have a close-up of a block and setting triangle.

 The quilt is called "Coffee and Teal".  I set the pinwheel blocks on point and found a cute brown fabric with teal swirls for the sashing strips.  The cornerstones are made from all the fabrics used in the blocks.  The outer border was a great find, and is more tan than in my picture.  I forgot to get enough of the swirl fabric to make the binding, and when I returned to the shop, they had none of the bolt left, so I chose another print in the same colour-way to make the binding.  I still have some of these fabrics left, so what can I make now?

3 comments:

  1. Love your color selection, I am using a similar one for a sampler quilt. Maybe the scraps would make a nice table runner or a new purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colour combo. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.