This was a great kit by WHIMS, that included the pre-cut squares, fabric for the appliques and 2 dragonflies made from angelina fibres. I used the fusible grid to line up the squares, then it was just a matter of sewing along the rows. it does make it a bit stiff, but since is is a wall hanging, I don't think it matters. I used leftover strips from my bins to make the borders and the binding, and even the backing fabric was a cut-off from the backing of another quilt!
The dragonflies are dimensional.
I stitched the waterlily and the rushes before layering and quilting. I used monofilament (invisible) thread to outline the shapes and to do a large meandering in the "sky" area of the wall hanging, as well as to SITD (stitch in the ditch) of the narrow borders. I stitched some ripples in the "water" area using a mylar type thread - a bit fussy through the fusible, but I persevered. I just have to label the back before I send it to my son as a gift for his girlfriend.