Wednesday, September 26, 2018

TWO FINISHES!

My first finish is another quilt for young miss, who is arriving on Friday!  This is quite a celebrations, as girls in DH's family are few and far between.  This will be her Christmas gift this year, along with a few other goodies.

This is made with yellow and green prints from my stash, along with a floral print stripe that has been hiding in my stash, just waiting for this quilt!
The pattern is "Fabric Gal" from Quilt in a Day.  The original is made with four colours, with a dark and medium shade of each in the pinwheels.
The quilt on the left is my first version, made in 2008!
 It uses brighter, 30's fabrics and striped border!


My second finish is one that has been waiting in the wings for a few years.  This is my version of Hip Bag Hybrid - pattern from Studio Kat Designs.  It can be worn around the waist, as a shoulder bag, or clipped to a walker or bicycle handlebars!


It has a zipper pouch in the back, a front pouch with magnetic catch under the flap, and a hidden storage area in between!
I chose to make the front flap pieced, rather from a single piece of fabric, (an option provided in the pattern!)  My lining is white with black, to make it easier to find things.  I used a black and white purse zipper and shiny silver findings for the rest of the bag.  I can't wait to use it!
I love the patterns from Studio Kats - extremely detailed, with lots of illustrations of each step, and helpful pictures and tutorials on line!!!!


2 comments:

  1. It looks great to me! Even this pattern from 2008 looks quite good. However, the current one is better for me. Congratulations on a good job! I admire you for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute bag and quilt - I like that quilt both ways, with the two colors and with the four colors. Looks like a super versatile pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.