Sunday, September 2, 2018

ANOTHER FINISH!

I just put the last stitch in my Diamond Tile quilt.  The block pattern was found in the May/June edition of Quiltmaker magazine.
This has been a very popular pattern, by Bonnie Hunter, in her Addicted to Scraps column.  There have been many variations shared on the internet!

I decided to set mine on point, and used sashing between the blocks.

I quilted with Monopoly by Superior thread, stitching in the ditch for the sashing and also in the blocks.

I stitched a flower in the centre square of each block, using Rainbows by Superior thread, colour 801 - it has lots of bold colours!
 
I then finished by quilting a similar flower in the setting triangles, and a wavy border, using So Fine thread by Superior, in a neutral shade.  I wanted the quilting to give dimension, but not detract from the colourful blocks.

This was a great way to play with scraps, as each block is different, although I used the same fabric in two of the centre squares!

I'll get some better pictures posted soon - DH, my quilt holder is out at the driving range, hitting a bucket of golf balls!

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.