I've been stitching - really I have. I have 75% of the quilting done on my double Irish chain quilt, I've knit mitts for my grandson for next winter, and have the back and 1 1/2 fronts finished for a fall sweater for him as well.
I received a call from my guild's community quilts coordinator, asking if I'd finish a couple of pin-basted quilts.
The first one was made from large flannel squares, with a couple of borders. I stitched swirls diagonally, using brown thread in the coloured squares, and red in the black and white ones.
I stitched green waves in the blue border, and large elm leaves in the rust border, using blue thread.
The second quilt was made with large 4-patch blocks. The brown
and tan blocks formed an X pattern. I stitched flowers in all the white squares, with 4 petal curves in the blue ones. The brown and tan was stitched with gold leaves. A loop design was added to the sashing, and a curvy zig-zag to the white border.
I continued to use the gold thread to stitch an open spiral leaf in the striped borders.
Many of my quilting designs are thanks to Lori Kennedy of The Inbox Jaunt. Her book is called "Free-Motion Machine Quilting 1-2-3" It is spiral bound and easy to set beside your machine for easy reference.
My stash report has only one change - I used .5 yard of fabric for binding the blue quilt, and my net used for 2017 is now 21.875 yards. I'll have more to claim once I complete the double Irish chain - soon, I hope!
Now I'm off to make gingerbread for dessert tonight, with applesauce topping! Yummmm!