Tuesday, July 11, 2017

DESIGN WALL / STASH REPORT

Fabric used this week  5 yards
Fabric used year to date  77.875 yards
Fabric added this week  1 yard
Fabric added year to date  52 yards
Net used 2017  25.875 yards

My grandson has started watching Bob the Builder.  When we visited their family I found a "Bob" book panel in the clearance area at Len's mill store in Kitchener.

I cut the pages apart, adding green sashing, printed with a large variety of trucks and construction vehicles.  The center section features Bob and some tools, also found on the side of the panel.  I had the bright yellow fabric with road signs, so it was added between the 2 blocks, and used as binding.
I also found this flannel in my stash, purchased many years ago, and just waiting for the right project!

The quilt picture was taken late at night, just before being packed up for delivery!

Our Grandson loves it, and has learned all the names of the tools!  We had another lovely visit, but I came home with a summer cold.....

I'm linking to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts!

1 comment:

  1. It's so great when a bargain purchase and stash fabrics come together for a great quilt. The flannel is perfect for the backing. It's one of my joys of quilting when serendipities happen, and your story made me smile this morning. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.