Monday, July 31, 2017


I thought I'd see what was in my cupboard, and found 4 hangers loaded with fabric strips that had been overlooked, and a small bag of "parts".  I trimmed them into the sizes of strips and squares that I save, to be added to my bins for future projects.

I found some 4 patches, and decided to get them into a quilt top before they got lost again for another 10 years or so!

I started by adding triangles to each 4-patch, to set them on point, using green and gold fabrics.  Then I added a border to each one, using the same dark red pin-dot fabric that was in the original blocks, and a navy blue fabric with silver speckles, just a shade darker than the original blue print.

While searching my stash for a fabric to use for sashing, I found a piece of the autumn print that was part of the original 4-patches!  Once that was added between the blocks,  I checked my stash of green fabrics and found a piece that was perfect for the final border and binding, and I was able to use the whole piece!

Just think - it all started with a dozen 4patch blocks!  I'll get a better picture of the whole quilt after I find some backing and complete the quilting!

I'm linking to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  Check out what others are working on this week.

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky bunch of fabrics to get to play together in this quilt! The stash can be a surprising place.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.