Tuesday, July 25, 2017

DESIGN WALL / STASH REPORT

Fabric used this week  21.625 yards
Fabric used year to date  100.75 yards
Fabric added this week 0 yards
Fabric added year to date  52 yards
Net used 2017  48.75 yards

My large "used" number is due to finally completing the quilting on my double Irish chain quilt - destined to be a wedding gift in September.  I'll take its official portrait in a couple of weeks when my son and his family will be visiting, and I'll have 2 tall men to hold it!  DH helped me spread it on our bed for a picture.
 I spent part of two days quilting the swirls in the neutral areas.  The first day I quilted the outer 2 blocks, and left the centre blocks for day 2, after a good night sleep.  Some of my centre circles are more round than others!





I had a bit of the border fabric left over, so I made a table runner, just for fun.  I forgot to add the yardage for this small project, so it is included in the total fabric used.

Check out what others are doing this week at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Your Irish chain quilt is beautiful!! It will make a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Double Irish Chain. What size squares did you use? And size of bed in the picture? I'm thinking about making one of these and debating the square size. Yours looks about the size I was considering. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.